WHY KENYA LABORUM IS IMPORTANT FOR YOU?
1. Kenya Laborum is the leading destination for exhibitors to launch and showcase their products and services to an audience of senior decision makers from Kenya, neighboring countries like Tanzania, Uganda, Ethiopia, Sudan etc., who are eager to source the very latest that the industry has to offer.
2. Pharmaceutical spending in Africa is growing at a phenomenal rate and is expected to reach $ 30 billion by 2016. Kenya is currently that largest producer of pharmaceutical products in the common market for Eastern and Southern Africa (COMESA) region, supplying about 50% of the regions market. The country’s pharmaceutical and consumer health market is estimated to be worth an estimated $ 160 million each year. By 2014, the Kenya drug market is expected to hit a value of K 33.5 billion.
3. Growth of Biotechnology and life sciences market will support the growth of technology providers and the future looks bright for analytical instrument industry in Kenya. Kenya has 22 research institutes, 47 universities and many technical colleges. Kenya is amongst the top ranking countries in the field of basic research in Africa continent.
4. The Kenya medical device market is expected to grow by a CAGR of 14.4% over 2013-2018
periods, alongside impressive GDP growth and strengthening imports. In 2013, the Kenyan medical device market was estimated $ 122.7 mn. Around 95% of the medical device market is supplied by imports.
5. The Kenyan food-processing sector, including food, beverages & tobacco, remains the largest component of the manufacturing industry.